Last Updated: January 1, 2020
- Visit our website
- Interact with us offline, such as in our physical retail store, by telephone, or at an in-person event (“offline activity”)
The Sites and Offline Events are collectively referred to as the “Services”
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When accessing our Website, we will learn certain information about you during your visit. How we will handle information we learn about you depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
If you visit our site to read or download information on our pages, we collect and store only the following information about you:
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number (when placing an order)
- Account information, if you choose to create an account, which includes your user name and password information
- Audio, electronic and visual information, such as photos and other information you post on our Site. This includes information you provide from your social networking sites, such as social media account ID, profile photo and other data made available when you choose to link your social media accounts etc.
- Internet network activity, such as how you use our Site, the products you have viewed. We also collect information through cookies and similar technologies that may capture your internet protocol (IP) address, personal device identifiers, the type of browser you are using, your operating system, ISP information, and similar online identifiers. See the section below on Cookies for more information about how we collect information about your online activity.
- Geolocation information from your IP address, which links to the region you live in or if your location settings on your device are set to share your location with us.
Personal information does not include publicly available information in government records or any data that has been deidentified, aggregated, or otherwise anonymized.
- WHERE DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM?
We collect your Personal Information from the following sources
- You, when you buy something; register or create an account; enroll in one of our courses; maintain a Wish List; request information from us; sign up for our newsletters or email list; enter a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion; fill out a survey; request customer support; communicate with or contact us; or otherwise use the Services
- Cookies and similar website interaction technologies, when you use our Site as described in the section on Cookies below
- Social Media Platforms, when you interact with us on social media. For example, the Services may give you the option to link your Facebook or other social media account, follow us, or share content on our account, your account, or your friends’ account. Based on the way you have set your privacy settings on your social media accounts, most social media platforms, like Facebook, analyze data about how you interact with our Services and combine it with information on other users to provide us information about your name, profile name, demographic information, contact information, region, interests and usage data. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users interact with us on social media and information about you is visible to us, for example the fact that you are “friends” or other public-facing profile information.
- Sinful Lashes does not solicit information from other businesses about their customers nor do we share information about our users on our Website unless expressly given permission to do so by the user.
- HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
- Provide you with product information or services that you have requested or agreed to receive, such as processing and delivering your orders
- Process your registration and / or enrollment in any loyalty programs that we currently offer or will offer in the future, including by verifying that your email address is active and valid
- Contact you with information, newsletters, and promotional materials from Sinful Lashes or on behalf with any of our third-party Brand Ambassadors or Certified Trainers
- Enable you to participate in a variety of features on our Site such as sweepstakes, message boards or other communication features, user-generated content functions and interactive features as applicable.
- Enable you to interact and connect with third-party services such as our social media platforms
- Address problems with the Services, such as technical errors, bugs, and to prevent unauthorized activity
- Improve user experience and enable customizations
- Prevent and detect crime or fraud; and
- Operate our day to day business
- WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION?
To accomplish the purposes listed above, we share information we collect with:
- Services providers, including businesses, professional and or technical support providers to help us operate our business and the Services by doing things like processing your payment and shipping your order, or analyzing sales data to help us identify sales trends
- Third parties promoting loyalty programs when you check out at our physical location
- Marketing Partners, such as vendors wo help us place ads, customize them to certain audiences or users, understand whether those ads are successful, and improve our marketing efforts.
If there are instances when we need to disclose your information, we will provide you information about what categories of parties may receive your Personal Information at that time.
A Cookie is a small piece of text that is placed on your website browser, device, or hard drive when you visit a website or use an application. These include our own first-party Cookies as well as third-party Cookies of our service providers. Cookies serve a variety of functions, like enabling us to remember your log-in information when you visit our Site.
What Information Do Cookies Collect?
Cookies collect online identifiers such as your IP address, device identifier, advertising identifier, or similar unique digital identifier. Cookies use these online identifiers to track your commercial activity, such as products or services purchased or considered, internet activity, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Site. Finally, this information may be used by Sinful Lashes to draw inferences and create a profile about your consumer preferences or trends
What Types of Cookies Do we Use?
- Strictly Necessary: These Cookies are necessary to make the Site run and enable basic functions like page navigation. They also help us identify and control trusted web traffic, as well as detect and prevent fraud or malicious activity. Finally, they ensure the Site responds to your instructions such as remembering items you have in your cart.
- Performance and Analytics. Cookies help us analyze how you interact with our Site to improve user experience and functionality
How Can You Manage Cookies?
If you wish to prevent cookies from tracking your activity on our website or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. If you block cookies, certain features on our website may not work. You can find this information in the settings of the web browser you are using.
- YOUR CHOICES AND OPT-OUTS
We provide our customers with the opportunity to opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product or service under certain circumstances.
To opt-out of marketing communications, please do the following:
- Email offers; If you do not wish to receive marketing emails, please click “unsubscribe” in the footer of the email.
You can always verify, correct, or update certain information associated with your account by logging into your profile. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of this information.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS
California residents may have additional rights over their Personal Information
The Right to Request More Information. You may have the right to request more information about how we treated your Personal Information in the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected that information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that information; and/or
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
The Right to Request Access. You also may have the right to request access to your Personal Information.
The Right to Request Deletion. Under certain conditions, you may have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information. Please note that simply logging out does not delete your account or the Personal Information we may have collected.
How to Exercise these Rights. To submit a request to exercise these rights you may contact us at:
NUMBER: (818) 747-2110
If you make a request, we will acknowledge we have received it within 5 days. If you do not receive a response, please ensure we received your request by calling (818) 747-2110
Verification. Before we can respond to your request, we must verify your identity using Personal Information. If we are not able to verify your request, we will contact you for more information. If we are unable to verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial
Designating an Authorized Agent. You may designate someone to submit requests and act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”). To do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow your Authorized Agent to act on your behalf.
Do Not Track Requests; Some web browsers or smartphones have the ability to set “Do Not Track” requests to block user activity from being tracked across web pages or devices. Our site does not recognize “Do Not Track” signals.
Sinful Lashes does not sell or provide user information to Third-Party Marketing or Sellers.
- THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS AND PLUG-INS
- PUBLIC FORUMS
Any information you may disclose on our Site, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on the Site or other third-party websites that the Site may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing Personal Information in these public areas.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under the age of thirteen. If Sinful Lashes learns that a child under the age of thirteen has provided Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to promptly remove such information.
- DATA STORAGE
Your Personal Information may be stored on servers in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of other countries. Your Personal Information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.
- HOW TO CONTACT US